Being merely a infant in blog years, I have yet to establish what exactly this blog is for. Perhaps for pictures. Perhaps for tirades. Or perhaps for my own entertainment. I know for sure that this blog will be VERY random!

Friday, February 03, 2006

Radio Sputnik


Today giddy astronauts on the International Space Station will intentionally jettison one of their older colleagues into Earth orbit.

It's no homicide, though. The "colleague" is a defunct spacesuit retooled to be one of the most unusual satellites ever launched.


The offbeat satellite will be released in the first part of a six-hour spacewalk on Friday. Astronauts William McArthur of the United States and Valery Tokarev of Russia will also conduct repair and inspection work on the station.

If all goes well, they will be using old space suits for satellite experiments. I like the thought of these space suits floating around earth. It gives me the feeling that I am being watched!

Here is the rest of this National Geographic article.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home